Want to cook rice, but don’t have a cooker? Or perhaps you want to impress your Asian friends? White rice is a staple for Asian dishes, and is a simple and delicious addition to many other foods. Cooking it perfectly is quick and easy, and we’re here to show you how to do it. Stay tuned for more videos on simple Korean dishes you can make to eat with your rice!
To recap the video:
– Measure out how ever many cups of rice you intend to cook (it’s a good idea to cook more than one or it may burn to the pot). A way to approximate how much to make is to count 1 cup per one person, or one serving.
– Wash the rice under cold water, stirring it with your hand and then draining out the water. Do this 4-5 times, or until the water is less opaque.
– Fill the pot up with enough water to touch your knuckles when you hand is pressed flat to the rice.
– Add a pinch of salt, bring to a boil, and then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
– Once done, leave the lid ajar to let the steam out, and wait 10 minutes.
– Stir rice, and enjoy!
Check out Tumblr!
Follow our Instagram!
Like us on Facebook!
Keep up with us on Twitter!
Music – “Fashion Show Theme” by Jonathan Rich