FULL RECIPE BELOW
Transfer yourself to Italy as we learn to cook raviolis from scratch. Watch as we go through all the steps in the video, from mixing and rolling out the dough to techniques for filling the little beauties.
Check out more from LearnToCook.com at http://learntocook.com/
RAVIOLI RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/pasta/how-to-make-raviolis/
4 each eggs
2 oz Olive oil
3/4 tsp Salt
14+ oz AP Flour
2 oz Semolina Flour
2 oz White Wine
Ricotta Filling Ingredients:
1# Fresh dry ricotta
1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
1 large egg plus 1 large egg lightly beaten with 2 Tbsp water
Salt and Pepper to taste
Nutmeg to taste
1. Combine flour, semolina and salt. Make a well on table.
2. Add eggs, olive oil and wine in center of well.
3. With a fork, whisk egg mixture and begin incorporating flour while whisking. Knead to combine to make a smooth dough. Add flour if needed. Press finger into dough it should bounce back.
4. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and set it aside at room temperature for 20-30 min to rest.
5. Only use a small portion of dough at a time, keeping the remainder covered to prevent it from drying out.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com/