300 grams cooking pancetta, cubed
1 litre cold water
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
500 grams dried spaghetti
80 grams freshly grated parmesan
1. In a large pan, fry the pancetta until crispy. Remove and drain.
2. In the same pan, add the water and a pinch of salt, and bring to boil.
3. Add the spaghetti. When softened slightly, make sure the water is completely covering the spaghetti. Stir occasionally so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
4. While the spaghetti is cooking, whisk together the eggs and parmesan until smooth.
5. Once most of the water has been absorbed by the spaghetti, stir in the cooked pancetta and the egg and parmesan sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes, and season with salt and pepper.